View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
It seems to me that PSA is falling into a classic business trap of new biz at any cost without providing the necessary backup to handle a massive flow of new submissions, particularly non-express ones. But their position of pre-eminent grader means customers are left to suck it up when guarantees mean nothing. I have to wonder what would happen to card values if Collectors' Universe goes bankrupt? Last SMR prices? Would PSA cardholders try to cross over their lost treasures to SGC or BVG, which would swamp them. Could a new grading company emerge?
Here's the problem: None of their service levels are guaranteed turnaround times. N-O-N-E.

Unless you are somewhere where they are doing on-site slabbing, it doesn't matter what service level you pay for or submit under, it's still not 100% guaranteed turnaround time and it's plain as day written on their site. I'd think at some certain level, especially given the increase in price they charge, that you'd get a guaranteed turnaround time. That is a HUGE drawback to me and obviously, they use it to their advantage when they get into spots like this. They play games with when it gets entered into the system after it's been in their possession and also if they can't meet the "estimated" deadline, then they just pull the "it's not a guaranteed turnaround service" and give you the shoulder-shrug and "Sorry" song and dance.

Ask me about discounted BGS/BVG pricing for Net54 Members!