View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Scott Mt. Joy

I have done a number of trades on Net54, even one a few years ago for over 7K where I didnt even know the person. It does take a leap of faith but get referrals and make sure everything is lined up and you feel good about the deal then do it. Make sure to get good front and back scans and on my big deals I like to talk to the person on the phone or at least multiple emails just to get a good comfort level.

The deals I have stayed away from were ones where they could not provide a back scan (makes me suspect they even had the card), email communications were slow and not up to par, or it just didnt feel right.

That said one of the best things about trading is I have gotten to met some great collectors and enjoyed talking thru our trades. I really aim for both parties being happy and follow the saying "sometimes you have to give something good to get something good". Not long ago I did a 5 card for one card trade where I traded 5 rare backs to get one card with 2 of the rare backs cards I would have never considered selling and was very hesitant to trade because I have no idea when I can replace them. In the end I gave up the cards and I am very happy with my new card.