View Single Post
Old 07-06-2002, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Default VCBC is stronger than it ever was!

Posted By: scott (runscott)

Don is always a pleasure to speak with, and he's very accessible. I also agree with you about all the pot-shots taken at people during the early issues. It was entertaining, but sometimes seemed to go overboard. Don will have better success at keeping subscribers happy if he makes it clear that it is not a monthly publication. You can blame it on the subscribers if you'd like, but many customers have left because of the sporadic publication.

Finally, I've only been in this hobby for 2 years, so if you are one of the pillars of the hobby (you know, with all the "years" of experience and credentials,etc..), please feel free to rest on your laurels and ignore me. I get complaints all the time about my "inappropriate" posts, or my posts that "waste the time" of the readers. Oddly, most of the complaints come from people who have been in the hobby forever, but choose to sit on their butts and not contribute anything constructive to the board. I think some people are afraid that if they share their knowledge that others will benefit - duh!! But they have no problem with sharing rules of etiquette. Gimme a frikkin break. At least I'm playing the game.

"Teach a kid how to be a good loser and that's what he'll grow up to be" - Scott G's Dad