View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Default 2008 Second Annual Net54 Charity Auction - Hosted by Heritage - ENDS TODAY!

Posted By: Kyle

2008 Second Annual Net54 Charity Auction - Hosted by Heritage Auction Galleries

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued support of the charity auction concept. Last year's auction generated a lot of excitement on the message board, and quite a substantial donation for the Painted Turtle.

I am pleased to announce the return of the second annual Net54 Charity Auction. This year's auction will be hosted by Heritage Auction Galleries, and the collection will be listed in their April 2008 catalog.

I toiled over who to select as the charity this year. It was a very hard decision. I viewed many, many web sites, and hated myself for closing each window, feeling like a terrible person for not selecting that charity. In the end, I've selected a charity I've been aware of for some time, one which I first saw during a tear jerking segment on ESPN, Surfers Healing (www.surfershealing.org).

I also chose Surfers Healing because of the how easily our efforts can have an impact. It costs roughly $75.00 to sponsor a child and his/her family for the day (beach rental, insurance, equipment and lunch for the family). If we can keep pace with 2007, we can easily sponsor 100 children and their families. Coincidentally, the 2008 schedule for events is going be released in April 2008.

Last year's process was a little scrambled due to the time constraints, but this year's will be different. There will be one full month to send in items, any items will do. Cards/smaller items perferred due to difficulty in shipping larger pieces, but if you are willing to donate it, I will take it. Unfortunately I am unable to provide tax documents for any donations. As far as I know, the winning bidder will receive a tax document for their donation from Surfers Healing, and as well as receiving the collection. Hopefully bidders take that into consideration with their max bids.

In order to participate, please follow the instructions below.

1. Email me at kylebicking@yahoo.com with the following information:
a. Full Name
b. Donation(s) to be sent

I keep track of everyone that participates, and everything that is turned in.

2. Send item(s) to the address I reply to you with by February 8, 2008. I will also provide my phone number if you have any questions you'd like to ask over the phone. If you choose to remain anonymous as a donor, that is fine by me, but please still contact me for the address.

3. Monitor the message board thread for updates. Last year I posted an updated list of items received, and I may do that again this year.

Thank you again, and have a wonderful evening.

Regards,
Kyle Bicking