View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
I see your point Zach and also agree with most of what you said and usually say - I have this story for you.

Im looking for 1915 CJ per norm, notice an HOFer for sale advertised as a 1915 starting at 99 cents...informed seller who told me I was wrong, sent another email explaining my logic and reasoning. He ignored me, and I bought the card for about 40-50% of it worth. I felt he needed to know the truth and never understood his defensiveness. I would have thought making him an offer to end early would have been deceptive but we each are responsible for ourselves and actions and this guy obviously didnt know what he had, but nor did he care.
Where is the moral line here? I think we as collectors make our own rules...
Yup we should not be accountable, unless someone maybe mislabels an auction then emails saying they accidentally priced it wrong then I can see helping them cancel it. But if someone is just ignorant then they deserve what's coming. We all want to save money and collect at the same time and if we can get a deal, why think you are doing a terrible thing? The person selling it obviously will be much happier having "X" amount of money instead of the card.