View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Administrator

Default HOFER'S Who Don't Belong

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

I really should have read everybody's posts before replying. You fellows are correct in your picks. This may be a first--it seems as though I agree with nearly all of you! Tinker and Evers have no place in the Hall, Chance does. Sutter is a joke. I practically feel the same way about Perez, but I also agree with the poster who spoke up for him. If the decision rested solely on my shoulders, Perez would not be in. And whoever said Bulkeley wins the contest for best pick to be booted out of Cooperstown! Kuhn should pack his bags next.

I'd rather see Rose and Shoeless Joe in the HOF than McGwire and Bonds. I guess that's a different story, and entirely a matter of personal preference.

I spent several years writing letters encouraging the induction of Vic Willis, and was surprised when they actually voted him in.

And, if they're gonna continue enshrining "nice guys" with slightly above-average careers (such as Doerr and Rizzuto), why not throw class act Mel Harder into the equation? I am assuming it's because he played in Cleveland! He would have been in by now if his career were New York-centric (the worst non-phrase ever coined, by the way).