View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Default HOFER'S Who Don't Belong

Posted By: john/z28jd

Jay you apparently dont like defense! If you start badmouthing Omar Vizquel we are brawling

I wouldnt take anyone out because too many very good players with similar stats from baseballs early days are forgotten because someone chose Tommy McCarthy over Jimmy Ryan. I think the hall of fame needs different levels so a few hundred more players stories are known. Unfortunately Im not willing to fix what is broken because I dont believe on knocking certain players down a peg for what are perceived as mistakes by many.

Not to go against my own thoughts but Im surprised no one said Bruce Sutter. The guy played only 12 seasons,4 were pretty bad and he really wasnt much of a closer his first year so youre talking seven years where he was a good closer,the guy pitched 1042 innings,about 1/5th of what Bert Blyleven pitched. Its a joke to me when people want to kick out guys who played more innings in one year than this guy played in his career. If for some odd reason I was forced to kick someone out Sutter would be 2nd right after Morgan Bulkeley