View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 10:33 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Gentlemen:

I am the OP and thank you all for your views/ideas/thoughts/research! Keep it coming

A few points:

Greg asked if JSA knew they had previously authenticated the HOF PC. I reached out to REA and got this response:

"After they rejected the signatures I pointed out to them that they had authenticated them at an earlier date".

I don't know what JSA's response was after being told, I assume they just say they changed their mind.

Someone posted earlier that my friend should consign it to the same AH he got it from with the LOA that is now "bad". I stated earlier I did not think this would be honest. Not many of you responded to that question or my question of it it were to be relisted with info about it being authenticated, then later not, how would buyers view it? I would not expect many collectors would bid on it with this info. But, maybe it would be like the buy the card not the case philosophy. Wayne for one here seems to think the autograph looks good, but will others think the same enough to bid?

Wayne also asks if my friend thinks it is real. My friend is not an autographed collector per se. He just gets nice stuff he likes and depended on JSA to verify it was legit.

I never thought about the original consignor/owner who listed it with the AH being "liable". Does anyone have history of an AH contacting the consignor to get the money back and return the item to him?

My friend happens to be friends with the AH who listed it originally thus his reluctance to "confront them" just yet. I told him I would open it up for discussion here to see if others had some ideas on how to proceed or had a similar situation in the past. Of course in being friends with the AH you would think they would make him whole, but who knows. The other thing is, my friend is an attorney and has successfully sued another AH that has nothing to do with any AH in this case, for a client.