View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 07:19 AM
T0NY @

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1880nonsports View Post
the link to the eBay pack shows a "sample" pack. I suppose if I were giving away samples of my product and it was within the insert time frame - putting a card in the package might not be a bad strategy. While I have never heard of this being the case - I've never actually been able to verify a story of ANY PB card being pulled from a package - although logically the sale pack was their point of origin. Not surprisingly I can no longer remember if there's actually an advertisement in print linking the cards to any particular package as these T brands are a bit too recent for my current focus and I only have room to remember one or two things at a time . Perhaps someone could share such an ad if it exists? If it's out there dollars to doughnuts someone here has a copy!

My original intent before I sidetracked myself was curiosity about the asking price?
Henry. The closest I can get to your request of a card era advertisement which showed a PB pack would be this large tin. I purchased this from another board member long ago.

He told me that when he uncovered it originally, T206 cards were actually found inside of it that were tucked in between the top lid and a sifting screen.