View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 06:37 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
What exactly does "internet sales taxes" have to do with all this? And how does obeying tax laws so you don't become guilty of tax evasion make someone "subservient"? I can sort of follow the other things you brought up, and see where you may be coming from, but I totally don't get the internet sales tax connection.
Oh no...I've invoked Bob.

Sales tax is charged to the buyer, so what does it have to do with tax evasion?

Bob...Back to the point. It's just one of several examples of an issue you'd expect a reasonable person to lament...

"Damn, that $100 blank I buy is now $108 with tax!"..."My good deal, isn't so good any more!" If you haven't felt that pinch in the last couple years, then maybe you have more money than the rest of us. A post like this would immediately be attacked by a dozen or so contrarian submissives (kind of like you did by flying off to the irrelevant tangent of tax evasion, though I don't consider you one of the contrarian submissives, just a good example in this case) who extoll the importance of internet sales tax, patting themselves on the back for collecting sales tax since the dawn of sales (and use tax too!) and calling the poster a no-nothing, criminal and bad American in the process.

To test the theory...Start a thread with the subject line "PSA, the self proclaimed industry leading card grading service can't identify an altered card" and watch what happens.

Last edited by Fballguy; 07-07-2022 at 06:41 AM.