View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblebathgirl View Post
Well, first what I am saying is that at least he's communicating. I know other sellers wouldn't even dare try to tread these waters regardless of how the negativity might be effecting their business.

As for the shilling, yes if there is nefarious business going on that is brought to his attention he should certainly take it seriously.

It can't be expected, however, that he will police every single auction. That's why, like I said, it's up to those interested in his items to do some detective work themselves, and then when they have reason to be suspicious, to bring it up with Rick in a professional manner.

I think you and I are on the same page, but it's about everyone working together, not just placing the blame and responsibility on one man's shoulders.

Paul, I have no idea if anyone's shilling Rick's auctions, and I'm not going to waste my time analyzing all this crap, but....

If a seller is running a crooked business (shilling his own auctions), then if you politely contact him to report "nefarious activity", how do you expect him to respond?

Stop typing, it was a rhetorical question - here's the answer: if an ebay business is shilling and you bring it to their attention, they will deny it. If you report it to ebay, ebay will do nothing, as any action on their part impacts their profit. If you talk about it here, again - nothing will happen because if you cost the seller business through not participating in his auctions, he will simply up his shilling to make up for the lost revenue.

Give it up - go play in the Mastro thread.