View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:51 PM
bubblebathgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
Really Paul??? This is the first thread he has posted on actually trying to defend himself. There has been numerous of them also. I think all this constant attention has started to hurt business a bit and he's trying to save face. Problem is you can't deny that any bidder with 48% and 108 retractions is not up to something.

I have purchased from the Rick in the past and not had any problems. I will say that I feel some cards could have gone cheaper but I paid what I wanted to get them. I stopped bidding with him after noticing some issues like what we are discussing. I never said a word, but with all this and the blatant disregard till now I will say I won't ever buy via ebay from him. I am sure he won't want my business at a show either and so be it then. More $ for the next guy

Well, first what I am saying is that at least he's communicating. I know other sellers wouldn't even dare try to tread these waters regardless of how the negativity might be effecting their business.

As for the shilling, yes if there is nefarious business going on that is brought to his attention he should certainly take it seriously.

It can't be expected, however, that he will police every single auction. That's why, like I said, it's up to those interested in his items to do some detective work themselves, and then when they have reason to be suspicious, to bring it up with Rick in a professional manner.

I think you and I are on the same page, but it's about everyone working together, not just placing the blame and responsibility on one man's shoulders.