View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
By the way, I'm almost certain that you've seen this as a Dodgers fan. But on the off chance that you haven't, I have a documentary that HBO did on the Dodgers called Brooklyn Dodgers: The Ghosts of Flatbush. I recorded it last August, and I've probably watched it about 10 times by now. I'm going to watch it again this morning. I love it, and it really hammers home just how special the franchise was. I'm not old enough to really identify with Brooklyn fans that way, because while Milwaukee lost the Braves to Atlanta, by the time I was born in September of 1971, the city had already acquired the Brewers, who had, of course, been the new expansion Seattle Pilots in 1969. So I've never known my city to not have a baseball team (though the jokes have been made that the city didn't have a Major League Baseball team throughout much of the 90s, just a minor league team renting out County Stadium.

Anyhow, if you haven't seen it, Drew, it's a must see. HBO Sports can't do enough baseball documentaries to keep me happy. They can do no wrong.

The doc they did on Mickey Mantle and Ted Williams are permanently saved on my DVR. If that thing ever goes, I don't know what I would do besides pray that HBO shows it again. I think the Mantle is available on DVD, so I may have to pick it up. I'd pay handsomely for all of them.

This is currently available on youtube. Thanks for the heads up. It was one of the best baseball documentaries that I have ever seen and I highly recommend it.