View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 08:53 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Default OT, Wrigley Field LA. ca1940s

This post could also be on-topic, but Im hoping not. Im PCL ignorant so you left coast fans, please chime in;

At first glance, these appear to be another day at the Park.

I purchased these snapshots from a lady in Minn. She said they were her deceased Daddy's when he and his buds took a trip to Cali in the '40s -he would've been 87yo today.

In these photos, there are many subtle indicators that there is no game today. There also appears to be Big Shot studio equipment..

At any rate., Why would kids from the midwest give a care about a minor league game, when they're in the most exciting city in the country (outside of Beantown) and could see so many other great things? For instance, a Hollywood production? Would they waste expensive film on these Bushers when there are a million more interesting subjects for a rube out on the town?

Yea, I am WAGing, like I often do. But I believe these snaps were shot by an extra hoping to catch some Stars and a glimpse of the Babe, during the filming of "The Pride of the Yankees" in 1942.

"Get the frig off my field youz people."

Movie cameras along the 1st base line while players are throwing by the dugout. Is that a PCL uni or is that 'NY' on the left chest of a player above the black hat in the center?

It's a championship game? Then someone at least take the bases back home!

... Or maybe Im just a jabberbox. Thanks for looking. Steve

Last edited by Ladder7; 08-31-2009 at 09:16 AM.