View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Default Koestler's Bread Question

Posted By: Larry

W575-1 has a lighter strike in the actual picture, very hard to tell in any scan...The only W575-1 I have handled which were many have this grayish appearence...ACC actually puts W575-2 in same grouping which everyone should agree is nothing like the above mentioned sets..W501's are very similar to the grey W575-1 except for date and they are sometimes oversized..

The only group of Koester's we owned was the one from Mastronet so we are not stating we are experts...HOWEVER, all sets were shown to PSA, SGC and Bill Mastro himself had all 3 issues consigned to his auction from Nagy group and another group at the same time, there is NO comparison, Koesters are very slightly narrower, whiter and very sharp in appearence

I do not feel that the actual surface designates the difference alone, it is the way we found this group with the specific players that made the final determination..Meusel with OUTF. instead of OF, George Ruth(Boston Uniform) only availble in E121 series 80, NOT W575-1 while Tom Rogers only series 120 or W575-1, Alex Ferguson only in W575-1 etc..Rhett, you make very valid points but this fact cannot be disputed, all 15 cards were identical in all physical aspects, obtained at exact time, yet this group could not be all of these issues or in any other subset except Koester's according to any published checklists, you can trace the origin of this group back to Mastronet's original auction and PSA debacle of mislabeling which was done way before we owned this lot...The slightback damage to all 15 cards were all at top and all appeared to be rewmoved from same album, How could this be unless it was from IDENTICAL set? We can easily rule out E121, no reverse print and W575-1(gray or white) because there is no George Ruth(Boston Uniform which almost everyone has seen at some time on Mastronet or e bay, finally sold privately) only Babe Ruth...

We do not intend to mislead anyone, that group was 1921 Koesters, a true subset of W575-1 or E121, it does not matter, it is distinctive. If PSA agrees, SGC agrees and Mastronet agrees, that is good enough for me.