View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 12:09 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
I have been selling on Ebay for over 20 years and have not encountered what I am about to describe.

I sold a 30 year old poster still sealed rolled in its original plastic packaging. The buyer received it, opened it (intending to frame it) and found that there were some spots of damage (paper loss) where the poster had apparently stuck to itself while sealed in the package.

In your opinion - who is responsible for what here?

Thanks.

Howard
Howard, were I were the seller or the buyer, barring any words between us to the contrary, I would expect the poster to be in perfect or near-perfect condition. Since the poster wasn't (perhaps due to storage in a damp environment at some point in time), I feel that the buyer should be able to return it for a full refund, or be able to keep it with a mutually-agreed partial refund.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.