View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 02:30 PM

If you ignore the grade issue, it's a nice looking card though. 'Honest wear' as they would have used to call it.

I agree (in my opinion) that the recently grading of some Wagners is sometimes getting close to offensive. There's no legitimate reason one card in a an issue should be graded using a different scale than another card-- 1988 Fleer or 1909-11 T206s.

But, as I said, I don't care about the number 2, which was literally (and some might say figuratively) applied to the label and not the card. I have nothing against the card, it's good looking and I'd enjoy owning it.

My opinion is even the buyers may soon be ignoring the grades on the labels if the graders continue in this vein. Inflationary, obvious favoritism-based grading eventually means no one trusts or takes seriously the grades.

I mean, seriously, will it some day mean that when a player is elected to the Hall of Fame or wins the Triple Crown the grading scale for his cards will change? Though I'm sure the grading companies would love another reason for collectors to mail in their cards to be regraded.

Last edited by drc; 04-15-2012 at 03:09 PM.