View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Steve Birmingham

I've had a look at the few T205s I own, and haven't seen any indication that movable type was used. None of the traits that would indicate movable type are there at all.

If I recall it correctly, The T80's etc were packed in the same packs as T206 where the pack had one baseball and one military card. Consistent back branding would have mattered, but once they'd moved on to including the bio and stats there wasn't enough room.

Although I must admit seeing the bio inside the fancy frames would have been great.

Steve B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post
Interesting theories about the 400 subjects. The only problem I see with this is the print design. As Ted mentioned the backs of the t-80s match better with t206. This is because they used a printing plate design for the backs. That is how you get the more stylized tolstoi, lenox, sweet cap, etc. in the t206/t80s. In t205s, they used a moveable type backs. This allowed them to fix errors (and create for that matter) errors like the Hobby, Moran, Gray, etc.

I am not familiar enough with the fist series to comment but if I recall, they also used the moveable type.

Again, just my theories.

Joshua