View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 View Post
Yes. Really. If it happened the way you state, that is correct.

Friend? Do you guys go to the movies together? Bowling? Drink beers. Visit on the weekends when you have down time? Would he watch your dog for you if you went away?

What is your definition of a friend? Most people I know are simply acquaintances that when the rubber meets the road don't give a damn about anyone other than themselves. I have few real friends. Ones that would help me bury a body should I need assistance. Ones that would let me stay at their house until I got on my feet.

The world is full of people that befriend someone so that they trust them only to turn around and blatantly rip them off. Don't you ever watch American Greed on CNBC? There are people that rip off their own family. Why is everyone so disappointed when trust is broken? Why do you think that it can't happen to you. Apparently by your account it did.

No offense, but your anger is laughable. Assume that you can trust no one, even the people you consider friends, and this will never happen to you. As long as you think you can trust anyone, you are susceptible to be ripped off.

Street smarts guy....STREET SMARTS.

Oh get off your high horse lol. I guess Phillip Abbott is damn near perfect, who knew.

What is my definition of a friend? Well, mine certainly includes relationships that aren't only face to face and can come over to watch your house. I guess only true friends are the ones that will watch your dog. I have plenty of board members whom I view as friends (hi Chuck) and have had great personal conversations with. But since it's online and I've never met them face to face, they aren't my friend, according to you. And yes, if I dropped dead I certainly would entrust some of these board members to help sell my collection.

Anger laughable? Ok...I actually think my anger has been pretty good compared with what I actually want to say .