Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 01:25 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Holy crap! And here I thought you were wasting all your time with that gettin' hitched and subsequent globe-trotting business. You have been busy!

The two that are standing out to me the most are the Ed Walsh hand shot, which just really stands out in the crowd and is taking your usual insane detail to a whole other level, and the Casey Stengel. That one comes off with a hint of Norman Rockwell to me, though that may just be Stengel's natural look? I mean, the rest are great too, and even the earlier works in progress show great potential (I can't wait to see the finished 1927 Yankees team shot either, Mark. It's big, but I bet if you broke the square inch cost down to cost-per-portrait, someone is still getting a bargain!) The Berra/Robinson stood out to me too, but for some reason my eye keeps being drawn to Berra's back side, and lest anyone should get the wrong idea (my wife included), I'd rather just not talk about it...