View Single Post
Old 08-22-2002, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Default Can the little guys ever win in Mastro?

Posted By: scott brockelman

JULIE, i am sorry i did not respond to the email you refer to. in fact i do not recall it. i do know we have spoke on the phone a few times over the years. for not responding i apologize, if i did not, it usually means i do not have what a person is looking for. i do not do this for a living, i am a collector disposing of duplicates. for my conservative/liberal disagreement posts i do not apologize. while in no way were these post meant to belittle people or their place in the ecosystem of life i feel it important to air the disparities of the govt. system.

i have NEVER worked for McDonalds, but i HAVE lived the lower class life, at one point i lived off of less than $20 a week, i had no job, BY CHOICE, but i managed. granted i lost more than 20lbs in 3 months.

upon returning to the mainstream, i immeadiately rose to the top of a fortune 500 company by working 60-70 hours a week and i had talent, which many, many people have, but don't use. i persevered even though i did not like the "SYSTEM". my reference to McDonalds was not meant to mean that every one should run to their next hiring seminar, but that i see people collecting aluminum cans that i know take them 1-2 weeks to compile and they net $45-65 . wouldn't a regular job be better, that pays $7.50-8.50 per hour and in a 40 hour week net $250 after taxes, these people simply do not want to be in the system.

to make a point close to home, how would you like to have your impeding inheritance cut by 50% by the govt. what did they do to earn it? nothing! just an easy mark.

i think that most people, including you, have worked their tale off for most of their life and have let the high taxes and othes entitlement programs reap the profit, they wonder why they are not financially set.

ask your congressperson why social security is not applicable for them, or the teachers or railroad workers, you see there are already a diverse set of rules for "different" folks. i just want to bring this to light, i am not inferring to anyone that i am a "better" person. just tired of the status quo.

BOTTOM LINE IS I AM NOT AS MEAN SPIRITED AS YOU MAY THINK, NO REPUBLICAN IS, THE OTHER SIDE JUST WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE THAT. I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEMSELVES, DESPITE THE SITUATION. AS ARE THE VAST MAJORITY OF CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN/LIBERTARIAN FOLKS IN THE UNITED STATES, THEY WISH NO ILL WILL ON ANYONE, IN FACT THEY WOULD DO MORE TO HELP ANYONE IN HARDTIMES THAN ANY LIBERAL WHO WANTS TO CONTROL THEM.

I STONGLY BELIEVE IN THE CONTENT OF THIS POST, BUT DO NOT WISH TO TAKE UP ANY MORE BOARD POST SPACE WITH IT. ANYONE IS FREE TO EMAIL ME DIRECTLY WITH FOLLOW UP'S OR COMMENTS.

please do not think i am "yelling" by my full cap post's, it just my way of stressing key points.

scottbrockelman@msn.com