Thread: Opening Day
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 09:04 PM
Paul Stewart

Default Opening Day

As a teacher on spring break, I was thinking of going to opening day. I live in Roseville near Sacramento and was looking into heading to Oakland for the A’s game. I talked my dad and sister into going with me and we are going to park at a BART station which will take us right to the ball park. So as we were looking into getting tickets, we found that the seats we want for opening day are $56. Game 2 is the first night game and they are charging $33 but every other game those same seats sell for $25. Wow, over 120% price increase for opening day. Is this normal? This is a last place team with a triple A lineup(JK). So my sister decided to order the tickets on the phone. They wanted a $35 processing fee for the 3 tickets. Really? Online was the same thing. Do other teams and other sports price gouge like this? I get that playoff and championship tickets go for extremely high amounts, but should opening day also carry a hefty price tag? To be honest, I don’t expect this game to be a sellout. Am I off and this is the norm? Maybe too many Sac. Rivercats and Stockton Ports games have put my expections at a different level. Anyways, we are going to head down anyways and purchase the tickets at the park. We may not get seats in the same area, but saving the $35 should allow us to get a few hot dogs and sodas. Thanks for reading my rant.

Paul