View Single Post
Old 02-06-2024, 12:09 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Given this is the pre-war side of the site I will only comment on those sets. To date, I've completed 2 pre-war sets: E93 and W554. For strategy, I previously would buy whatever I could find at the price I could afford. Now I would definitely go after HOFers and shortprints before worrying about commons. It really stinks to get 80-90% complete on a set and not be able to afford the rest. Though some sets you definitely need to just take what you can get when you can get it. I'm currently working on 6 different prewar sets, however, only 1 of those are all the cards readily available. For the other 5 sets, specific cards might come up once a month, once a year, or some I haven't seen for sale in decades. For this reason I found working multiple sets is essential or I wouldn't make much progress. As most of the sets I look at are not readily available, I'm mainly looking to just find an example of each card, hoping its nice looking and at a price I don't find insane. The technical grade, or even if the card is graded, is a secondary thought. This also ties into how I store them. With prewar, for a few exceptions (T206/T205/Goudeys/etc), most sets are <100 cards. To me it doesn't make sense to have half a set raw and in a binder while the rest are graded in a box. For that reason I just store all of them individually in rows in a box.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers