View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Jay Cee

Default Agreed

Shipping is basically a profit center. Most auctions use a third party for insurance as well. I think auctions all follow suit with what other auction companies are doing. Hunt has been around for a long time. Their website is the same look as it was 15 years ago and NOT much has changed.

I will say that once I brought to their attention a shipping price I had a problem with. It was on a framed jersey. The jersey sold for like 200.00 and then they wanted another 100.00 in charges. None of this was included in the description nor was it mentioned that the lot would have accessive shipping charges on it. I'm sure the actual shipping price was over what they charge me, but I think they should warn/advise potential buyers ahead of time then work with me after. They did work with me where all is good.

A bigger issue with Hunt is how they say you must bid in 10% incraments. However if you make a "proxy bid" you can just type in 10% plus 1.00 and then you basically locked up the next 2 spots making the other bidder pay way more than what he should. Proxy bids should only be allowed if they follow the 10% rule. Most auctions companies practice this pattern, however Hunt does not.

Sorry for rambling on about Hunt but it just came to my mind when Dan pointed out the shipping price. I think Hunt should address both issues IMO.

Jimbo (JC Clarke)

Last edited by Leon; 01-20-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: added name per rules