View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Mike Henson

Tough to pass off a modern Rawlings 9-11 baseball,as a vintage ball,I personally think the balls this guy does look amazing,you can speculate on the intentions of the buyer but c'mon not everyone is out to ruin the hobby or get over on someone maybe the buyer doesn't have 20k laying around to buy a real one,on the other hand if someone tried to pass this off as authentic it's a rawlings baseball the sigs are stamped not real hard to figure out.I have been searching for an Addie Joss and a Willie Keeler autograph for many years,my problem is not the cost of thes pieces it's the availability,to my knowledge a total of two Joss autographs have surfaced and are now in private collections,Keeler is nearly as scarce,I had this guy do one of each for me on baseballs,they look amazing,and display nice among my authentic baseballs,does that mean I am not a true collector or I am damaging the hobby,hardly,the purist might frown upon this but so what you should be able to buy and collect what you want. I think people who sell reprints and pass them off to people as anything but,are doing great damage to our hobby and we should keep calling them out,just as I am a true believer in buyer beware, a little bit of basic knowledge about what you are buying doesn't hurt either.