View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 08:59 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post
Hello,

There were 15 Clark's Bread cards that ended on eBay last Friday night. I didn't know about this subset until I saw the listings and then did some research.

My questions, for future reference, are these:

1) How rare are these cards?

2) How desirable are these cards, as in, are there many people who know, care and collect these or are they just a red-headed step child that few know or care about?

3) Were the prices high, low or just about right for them?

The seller was sinclairpark.

David

1) I believe the ones auctioned off last week account for about 50% of all examples. That is, there are about 30 Clark's Bread cards in circulation in the hobby.

2) They're about as well known as most cards of comparable rarity. Haffner's and Gassler's backs (also found with E121 fronts) are in the same boat. Clark's would have been considered rarer than those others a couple of weeks ago, but the Sinclair Park find changed that. Pre-war type card collectors are quite familiar with them. The other 7.6 billion or so people don't really care.

3) There were some eBay network/sniping problems for the first four that sold, so those prices were artificially low. The others finished about where I expected them to.