View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
If someone wants to put these up for me that would be great ebay # 112401809845. A pinzplus repro and an oldie but goodie I actually bought this pin about a year ago to check it out 192177933913 Rob and I had a discussion about it. Still has the same fake age spots put on the front. Size is wrong and the back is a dead give away... When I had it in my hand I could tell right away it was fake. Very light, new shiny collet, and painted black in the back...
Al mentioned these two. I don't collect Mantle but I'm pretty sure the "real deal" is a different size than the one being sold. The real Deal Mays is definitely a different size (2.125"). We discussed this Mays before...Al bought this exact pin just to make sure, determined it to be a repro and got his money back. My question is: is this the same seller or did it somehow change hands? If it is the same seller, he's not stating what he knows. That said, I've bought from this guy and he has always been fine.

I guess it comes down to homework, Rob. I can't say whether or not these secondary sellers know what they have. If that Mays was the right size and real, I'm hoping Al would let me win it since he already has the %$@*& thing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l500.jpg (14.1 KB, 549 views)
File Type: jpg _12.jpg (22.4 KB, 557 views)