View Single Post
Old 01-10-2002, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Default Help in identifying card

Posted By: jverri01

Thanks to everyone for their input. I, too, tend to lean in the direction of it not really being a card. However, I would dispute the "newspaper clipping" on "cardboard" theory, for two reasons: 1-the text is somewhat raised, which would (I think, anyway) indicate a more contemporary printing process, and, 2-even though the edges do not "line up", it does not appear that this is a "layered" piece. The illusion of the edges "not lining up", is actually just an "angled cut" to all edges. Whoever, however, this was cut, it was not done in a perfectly vertical sense, as with most cards. Just some thoughts on this. I did receive an email from another collector who has an identical card (of another player) that he acquired from the same source. He also does not know anything about the origin. If this is not just some homemade jobby, I think the suggestion of it possibly being a proof (perhaps even from a later small-market issue) is an interesting possibility. Particularly given the weight of the paper stock. Thanks, folks...