Thread: Shriner's Show
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 05:24 AM
H Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelefson View Post
I had a great time and was there all three days. I saw many Net54ers (and I apologize if I forgot someone) including Steve, Jimmy, Toby, Don, Ed, Ryan, Murph, Joe, and Steven. I mainly went to sell as I am working on a large purchase (for me at least) of 1870s letters with good baseball content but I did buy a circa 1930s homemade Babe Ruth metal plaque and a 1920s Braves poster.

The selling was very easy for me this time. I brought in a 6 foot tall bat I had purchased at Brimfield and sold it to the second dealer I showed it to at double my purchase price. I also sold a Blatz Beer figural item (the one with the cans and bottle with arms and legs) very quickly (first dealer I showed it to) and three 1945 scorecards from the California Winter League with Jackie Robinson in the lineups among other items.

I can't wait until the Spring show!

Alan
Hey Al, missed you on Sat but did see that HUGE wooden bat you mentioned. Awesome man cave addition for the buyer, noticed he also still had the Cy Young booklet. Another good show. Saw some fellow 54`ers and as usual the best gathering of vintage materials in N E for the year. Made a couple purchases and enjoyed talking with dealers as well as some patrons. On a side note, Frank Viola is one big dude.