View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 07:25 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbegs View Post
I enjoy the irony of it all...

Quite literally, every single person in the history of trading is/was trying to get the better end of the deal. Both parties, every time. I am sure, wherever he is, Peter Minuit is still upset he couldn't get the Lenape tribe to sell Manhattan for $22 instead of $24. ('I should have approached them in winter time, Manhattan sucks in winter...').

And yet because the original poster of the 52T311 trade up thread did not hide his intent or desire to get the better end of the deal, he's crucified for it? Just doesn't seem right. Seems like jealousy in the form of criticism to me. Some also seemed to imply it's shameless behavior - I don't know if I agree but it doesn't much matter anyway. To those people, I would say look at the world around you and recognize that this is becoming the way of the world. Andy Warhol was right and almost everyone seems to be getting at least 15 minutes, which can be stretched to infinity thanks to the Internet and social media. Maybe it always has been but it seems to be more prevalent now.

And I imagine, if he can overcome dealing with the grief, he'll probably succeed simply because I do believe the human capacity for kindness and generosity (often private) far outweighs the negativity and jealousy that is often more visible in society.

Lastly, I have a Deckle Edge Mays I'd like to trade for a T206 Wagner...

I have zero interest in reading about the 423 trades that Stephen needs to do, presumably over a course of a number of years, but clearly others find it very interesting. To each his own.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-27-2017 at 07:25 AM.