View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I didn't realize Rogers was parting with any of his negatives. Those are great - I especially like the Walter Johnson.
Via eBay seller lexibell-racing. At first I was afraid that Mary Brace was breaking up the archives that her father, George Brace, inherited/acquired from George Burke, adding his own photos to for the next 40+ years. But seeing what they have, it seems more likely that these are continuing to trickle out from the estate of Jim Rowe, with the reference to Mary Brace being a caveat that she retains the rights to the images? I sent the seller a message asking for clarification, but haven't received an answer, so this is all speculation at this point.

Also, that is not meant to take anything away from the pick-ups. A Burke is a Burke, and those are some phenomenal shots! I only wish I had more expendable income right now to pick some up myself, if for no other reason than to add to my library of Burke scans (without those darned watermarks they throw in every image).

Correction: Upon checking the bracephoto.com website, I noticed that the contact address has been changed to Rogers Photo Archive, so the negatives are definitely from the Burke/Brace collection that Mary had been managing (with family help) following George Brace's passing. There are about another 250 or so negatives coming up in the next Legendary auction (with some familiar key images) that I just got an e-mail about today, and those are just the tip of the iceberg with many thousands more in the archive.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 11-16-2012 at 02:49 PM.