View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 12:37 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
After giving Bob a timeout for a double post I have a question that is more about aesthetics.

You state that you are a registry fool. I would guess that PSA's registry actually means something to you. If that is the case, my question would be: How would you feel knowing that the best card in that grade of a set I guess you collect is no longer owned by you and you only own the second best card? Or better yet - What on God's green earth are you thinking????

Why would you give up the best card in your collection for a few dollars if you do not need the money?

I read your post before anyone else answered and these were my first thoughts.
Exact same thing I was thinking as well when I mentioned why would you want to trade down on your card, but really get nothing in return but an increased tax basis? He already said he wasn't going to be selling this card anytime soon, so you're absolutely right, it seems like a dumb thing to do as a collector, Registry or no Registry even.

And the double posts just happen. I only click the submit button once, but occasionally it double, or even triple posts. No idea why, but have seen it happen to others on here as well.