View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 09:50 AM
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svabinsky78 View Post
Silly questions. I have never submitted a slabbed card for a crossover, which is why I am asking.

The company will not crack the slab if they don't think the card will meet your minimum grade, correct? If that is the case, how do they evaluate the surface with the card in the slab?

Second question, if you are submitting simply to upgrade a slab - i.e. old PSA slab to new PSA slab - will they honor the old grade, even if they woul hammer the card by today's standard if submitting as raw?
The previous comments are right on, but I would add one thing. PSA seems to be exceedingly tough on crossovers - almost like they want to prove they have tougher grading standards. I have submitted a handful of crossovers, and only once did it not come back with a lower grade (and that was a 19th century card graded as a 2). One of them was so obviously undergraded that I cracked it out and resubmitted it raw, and it came back a point and a half higher. I would definitely suggest cracking them yourself and submitting raw if the grade matters to you.