View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 09:38 AM

Default 1910s Oakland Oaks PCL pennant??

I appreciate your two cents!

I can't dispute anything you said. I myself am skeptical of these crossover travel/baseball pennants from the early part of the century. It is highly unusual to find sewn letter pennants like mine from that era used for anything other than collegiate, travel, or advertising purposes. Professional baseball? Not so much....

I still don't know about the Oaks' uniform colors from that era. I think their colors--much like their team name and ballpark location--changed frequently during that era. Finding a color picture of their uniform from then isn't easy either. They could have been green/yellow in 1916; then blue/white in 1917. Nothing was consistent back in those days.

A few years ago a follower of this thread posted the below Oaks pennants from the same era we're talking about. It's a stunner! So good, I'm gonna re-post it in all its glory below.

Note that the uniform depicted is blue/white, much like my pennant believed to be from the same era....

So, who knows for certain, right? Certainty in this hobby isn't common either, is it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image (21).jpg (16.7 KB, 403 views)
File Type: jpg image (19).jpg (16.9 KB, 386 views)