View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 12:55 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Is it possible this last big contract was to try and at least partially makeup for his earlier year's contracts when he was most likely being underpaid based on his performance?
I think that while with the Tigers he was never classified as underpaid in any way. As was and is the Marlins way, he was well underpaid for the 4 short seasons there until the move to Detroit. He made 8,562,000 with Florida, and 341,411,111 so far with Detroit. For that timeframe those are excellent numbers.

Mikey I. signed off on the contract and I think it is just another brick in the wall of ARod type examples of why the super long term massive contracts just don’t work. It’s his contract, is he supposed to give it back? Teams just need to end these silly long terms to not mortgage the future for today.

It’s just difficult as a fan to pay a single player 40% of your cap last year and have an average player who spends a massive amount of time on the DL and lose constantly.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 04-21-2022 at 01:50 PM.