View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 08:49 AM
Al Jurgela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louieman View Post
For me it was those Conlon cards of the 90s. Worth very little, but I still have almost all of them. My dad, having me in his 60s and raising me thereafter, those were his players growing up. So those cards were a window into his childhood. And in the end, when I hold those cards I extract the great memories and feelings for a man I admired from beginning to end. I mean how many of us have "too many"? A few too many oil cans, too many Pez dispensers, stacks of newspapers, that one way-too-old can of Budweiser we never dare open? A lot of that, baseball cards included, stay around because of the extractions we take from them.

Seriously Al, great post. As many have said, what you shared is what it's all about.
Thanks Louie... you too. At some level, I do find it odd that we can make a connection through a piece of cardboard, or a can, or a pez dispenser, but the fact is, we can. At least some of us can, and I think that it is a blessing. I am counting mine and appreciate those that shared theirs. Best, Al
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards