View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 06:57 AM
Ke.ith Conr@d

No paper loss on the corner, but there is a slight wrinkle going through the hat area - very good eyes there Got very lucky when I was offered the card about 1.5 years ago, and I would personally rather have a card with that flaw where most are trying to guess what the issue is versus a card that is tilted/80/20 centering, corner has been chewed off... without that crease the card is probably a 4.5/5 or possibly better and now a $100k card and out of my price range.

Back to the original subject at hand between Cobb and Mantle. Both were great players and in different respects. What I am curious about is why several people commented "once the baby boomers die off there will be no interest in Mantle since nobody will have seen him play." If that is the case there should be nobody around now that wants a Cobb, Wagner, Young, Walter Johnson... using that rationale.

Mantle is baseballs version of a legend like Paul Bunyan -how fast was he, how far could he hit it.... add to that he has the BEST World Series numbers and records and it only cements his legacy.

Now that we solved that issue we can argue which is his true rookie