View Single Post
Old 01-31-2002, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Default here is the deal with SGC "authentic"

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
Just got off of about a 30 minute call with Derek at SGC. Again, he seems like a very nice guy and a person truly interested in benefiting the hobby (obviously, also making a profit for his company- who wouldn't?)....Some things we discussed. 1. He feels that there is a good possibility that they will do this (authentic) in the near future. Taking all things into consideration it looks good. 2. Will probably not want to grade a card that has been deemed "altered" in ANY way. It just opens up too many issues. If they graded "authentic" - trimmed....then someone could say that the card was also in-colored (sic?)....and want to press them for mitigation. Not good. He just does not want to slab an altered card. I see his point. 3. If this does go through they will probably open it to ALL cards not just vintage. Why not? 4. He will probably not post on the board as there would be too many questions coming at him of a personal nature. Such as "my card is a 40 and you gave it a 30?"....."how soon will my cards be graded?"..."since I now know you can't you give me a better grade?".....etc etc.....I don't blame him for this. I assure you he has nothing to hide and his company offers a guaranty on every card they grade. Enough said. 5. He will be watching the board but will not post for the reasons stated above. .....hope I have helped a little here folks....that's all I was trying to do......best regards all