View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 11:33 PM

Default Need opinions on rare HOF autographs

Hey guys, here are 3 cuts I have had in my collection for a long time. I have no recollection who I got these from, but always tried to deal with reputable folks when I bought items like this and I have been collecting since the 1970s. These probably came from different folks as opposed to all from the same person. All these were obtained long before there were any TPA's so the only real assurance you had back in those days was the seller's reputation. As you know, the cost of autograph submission to TPAs of names like this is very expensive, so I would I would like to know what you guys think before I decide to send any of these in for examination.

The Bresnahan is black ink on paper. This distinctive "R" is not like what is typically found, however, the Robert Poll 2010 Autograph Reference work does include a version with an R like this. The other letters seem to match.

The Connor is on lined notebook paper and appears to be the closing of a letter since what appear to be the words 'truly yours' is above the signature.

The Ewing signature is in pencil and appears to be the endorsement of a check or some payment document. I have included a copy of the reverse side of the Ewing document.

I'll say one more thing about the persons who sold me these. I never dealt with anyone in those days who later turned out to be a "bad apple" to my knowledge. So the guys who sold me these I believe truly thought they were real when they sold them to me. If you are familiar with any of these, I would like to know what you think regarding authenticity, and thanks for your time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img940a.jpg (14.2 KB, 428 views)
File Type: jpg img940b.jpg (15.6 KB, 427 views)
File Type: jpg img940c.jpg (15.3 KB, 428 views)
File Type: jpg img942d.jpg (27.9 KB, 426 views)