Thread: AH Blues
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Who says the rules won't change? Maybe you hope they won't but that's not the kind of forward thinking that's made this country great. Just because it's the way it is doesn't mean it's the best way. Everything evolves except auction houses I guess. Those haven't changed since ancient Rome I hear. But I suspect they have a date with destiny. The next generation of collectors won't be as eager to fork over money for nothing as this older generation is.

And for the record...as it's been skewed here...My argument all along is that the buyer should'n't have to foot the bill for a service being provided to the seller. Not that the auction houses are wrong for charging fees.

PS...Save the suppressed bidding argument. That's only a piece...not the whole.
If you believe a card is worth $1,000 and are willing to pay $1,000, how is the buyer "footing the bill" when the buyer is still only willing to spend the same amount?

The only way that argument makes sense is if the buyer is completely oblivious of the 20 percent until after the auction is over. Anyone other than a total newbie realizes there is a 20 percent fee and adjusts their bid accordingly so that it will not surpass the maximum amount they are willing to spend.

Last edited by Bored5000; 05-22-2018 at 11:29 AM.