View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 09:09 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Your argument is the same one used to cut up a Babe Ruth bat or uniform so a lot of people can have a piece. That booklet lasted over one hundred years till you decided to destroy it. Shame on you. The hobby is better without generous people like you.

I would disagree with than analogy. Each ticket is a stand alone item. The "ticket book" was created so that the purchaser in 1912 could remove each ticket for a game. The removal of the ticket meant you still had a book with some tickets and a single ticket. It is not a literary work. A bat or jersey is a single item. Taking it apart does not create an item that can stand alone on its own. It would be a piece of wood, wool, button or sawdust. Would I have done the same thing he did? I have. Some of the 1904 Louisiana Purchase Exposition tickets are also considered Olympics tickets. You could purchase a full book of tickets for each day of the expo. They also put your photo inside the booklet with your name. The booklet looks very similar to this one with 5 small tickets (about 3/4" x 2") per 'page'. They were also numbered by the day of the year i.e. #155 would be May 5th the 155th day of the year. The ones for the athletic, swimming and golf sell very well on their own.

Several have said it was his and he could do with it what he wished. I would suspect that many people on this board do something with their collection that others would say is wrong. If you own it, it is your right to do as you see fit.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 02-27-2018 at 11:16 AM.