View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 11:36 AM
Paul

Default Signed T206s

Signed T206s of Stanage, Moriarty, Schmidt, Bresnahan (Portrait), Pattee, or Shaw

I have only been able to view 57 different signed T206 poses that are credible or authenticated by PSA, JSA, or BAS.

Years ago, I heard claims about Stanage, Moriarty, and Schmidt signed poses from a Net54 collector, but he refuses to or is unable to send me scans, so it is hard to credit the representation.

Renowned autograph dealer Phil Marks says that a bunch of signed T206 Bresnahans exist in private collections, but I have only seen the one batting pose that has been authenticated by PSA. I have never seen another, or the portrait pose.

Shaw and Pattee lived into the 1970s -- in fact Shaw was the 3rd-to-last T206er to pass away, survived only by Livingston and Marquard -- and should thus be reasonably possible. His signature is just 6 letters long, so it is surprising to me that the forgers were not able to get a fake one through the experts. We know that the forgers did purchase an unsigned Shaw, so maybe they tried but were unsuccessful. Naturally, if any of these show up for the first time without provenance tomorrow, they should be viewed as highly suspicious.

Still, it is exciting to imagine what could be out there lurking in private collections. In the only email I have ever gotten from Keith Olberman he told me that he had about 25. But, he never responded to follow up emails about which ones he had. If only all collectors of signed T206 cards would post scans of their treasures, the world would be a better place!

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206