View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 01:09 PM
Joshua

Default Update

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give you guys an update.

First of all, big thank you to Anthony Nex (Griffins) on allowing us to use his spot. We wouldn't have been able to put this together if we didn't have a perfect place like his to meet.

That said, the venue will be in Culver City on Saturday April 28th. Timing is tentative, but I was thinking 5-8 PM. I was trying to find a time where it was late enough for people who had work would still join, but also not too late as people are coming from OC, Inland, and La Quinta. Let me know if that timing works with you or if you want it earlier. I will let the majority decide and confirm the actual time when I email the meeting address at the end of March.

Some of you inquired what (cards/memorabilia) to bring. Its really up to you. The initial goal posts was pre-1970 cards and memorabilia. From the responses I received to date, here are the collecting interests of those who are coming (in no particular order), so if you have a pretty broad collecting mandate, you can bring accordingly:

- First 5 HOF cards + Cy Young and Lou Gehrig.
- Pre-1900 baseball photographic cards
- Collector's grade T205s and Phillies 1880-1980, and oddball baseball
- HOF pre and post war RC cards, type I photos and memorabilia
- Collecting J. Orlando's Top 250 sportscards in the hobby
- Pre-war Hall of Famers + Tom Seaver.
- Pre war baseball mostly graded by PSA . T206’s and other tobacco cards.
- 19th/20th Century Type Cards/Print Freaks
- Pre-war cards, mostly PCL, Southern Leagues, but also pre-war HOFer
- 19th century baseball
- Prewar PCL, 50s regionals
- Pre-1930 PCL and California League baseball, and anything pre-1940 Pro basketball
- Pre-war photos, HOF autos, postwar cards, tickets, and misc. Jackie Robinson fan.

Finally, for those who I do not have an email/contact # for, I will be sending you an instant message shortly. If you rather not provide no worries, let me know and I will contact you through net54. Otherwise it would be cool to create a contact index of those who attended, and I can shoot it out after we meet.

Looks like we have a good group, about ~25 people interested. P.S. Food and soft drinks will be provided. Look forward to meeting you all!

Joshua Nip
joshua.nip@gmail.com

Last edited by joshuanip; 03-19-2018 at 02:44 PM.