Thread: Tickets
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 04:31 AM

As a long-time ticket collector, I actually see a good argument for collecting both stubs and full tickets. I know other ticket collectors that share my opinion on this as well based on many conversations through the years.

Finding either a stub OR a full ticket to a historic event is an extremely challenging task, literally like finding a needle in a haystack...

With vintage tickets, a stub was at the game, but a full ticket is usually the much rarer brother of the stub and can be an extremely challenging find for sure. One reason that ticket collectors like full tickets is that you gain more information that can sometimes be lost when a ticket is torn into a stub. Some examples include, year of the ticket, opposing team, Team President, font, sponsor info. Without full tickets dating stubs could be a genuine challenge to nail down as a collector. At the end of the day, ANY ticket that can be tied with certainty to an event of historic nature has absolute value to a collector, FWIW.

With my no-hit ticket collection, I actually collect both stubs and full tickets. If I find a stub to the game, I am always on the hunt for a full ticket as an upgrade because of the challenge associated with "the hunt".

The great thing about collecting in general is that there are many ways of doing it. There is no right or wrong answer.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 01-31-2017 at 09:46 AM.