Thread: Tickets
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 07:49 PM
Curt

With the help of baseball-reference.com, I finally went and documented significant dates in Steve Garvey's career in hopes of snagging some key tickets. I already had the debut and some others, like the consecutive game streak. I have yet to stumble upon something less known, such as his first triple (for example). It probably helps that these tickets are mostly 70s/80s, but I would guess finding the better ones will provide difficult and/or expensive.

One stub I did find and wanted was in a larger lot that I thought I might win with a higher snipe and I still lost. I was surprised at the final price frankly. I asked the seller to pass along to the buyer my contact info, but they refused. If anyone bought a 20-30 1970s stub lot of Dodgers in the last month or so and may be willing to move one (assuming you didn't need it as well), please let me know. I can let you know the seller to see if you might have been the buyer, but it is a larger ebay seller who lists many, many, many lots of what looks like warehouse or overstock type collectible stuff.