View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 08:47 PM

So get this.... maybe someone can explain how this happened to me....I have an actual camera shot of Babe Ruth leaning against a picket fence at the Ray Doan baseball camp, with a few boys in front holding baseballs trying to get autographs and a man in a top hat climbed to the top of the fence leaning down towards Babe.....anyway, original in hand purchased directly from the FAMILY who took it to the auction house (I had the pleasure of speaking to them and it had always remained in the family up to the point of auction) and they were the ones that had it developed right... well i found 8x10 copies of it selling out of NEW YORK (i am from iowa and bought this in wisconsin)...it is the EXACT SHOT, exact angle, exact position of the man leaning on the fence etc etc....100% same pic. that remained in family possession throughout all the years that somehow someone in New York had copies made and sold them for 9.95 on ebay.... any idea how the heck this happened?

i emailed the seller - they didnt respond first time - i tried again saying i am not mad or whatever - they said they bought it at a road side shop in new york - of course!

my only other thought on it was that whoever developed it kept a shot for themself...

Last edited by bwild22; 08-02-2013 at 10:02 AM.