View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 08:23 PM

Default Scrap pricing.....

first of all, let me start out by saying it's too difficult to truly put a price on items that are truly one of a kind, or of a handful known to exist.....rarity doesn't always equal value, especially when talking freak/scraps.....

Mike-

you are one of the collectors from back in the day who I looked up to, and still do.....we still are not on the same page when pricing these, but I think that is in part to your being another pioneer of freak....you actually got me into these, when you were exiting, I was entering....(wow that didn't sound good").....well, there are more collectors realizing what these are, and the sky is the limit.....you saw them when collectors thought they were garbage, and didn't give them the respect, o how the tables have turned....

These cards, I am going out on a limb and truly speaking my mind, are the niche of the future T206 advanced collector who has everything and wants that X factor that TRULY sets their set apart....These are the future....When you have everything you want in the monster besides Wagner, Doyle, Ect, where are you going to turn?? if you have rare backs....YOU WANT MORE....these cards will fill that gap, because not many can have them....GUESS WHAT...try to find 'em....

money can't always buy these types of cards

Mike,

You are one of the best guys I know here and listen to my rants....just remember me if you get sick of any of your blank backs or scrap, I'll gladly take a low ball offer...

great to have you back....

btw....going out on a limb, can almost gaurentee that my estimate on that freak lot maybe double what I estimated in a few years...

Ya a Magie Is awesome, and I don't Own one....but Id rather have my Kruger Twins or even one kruger....

Time will tell on these crazy cards, but I hate to be the bearer of bad news to the haters, THE MARKET WILL GROW EXPONENTIALLY....

that means prices on these will grow exponentially....

Btw....

If the Hall was in REA with an opening bid of 5 K, do you think someone would bid???

We may never know

try to find another one

Last edited by mrvster; 05-09-2013 at 08:25 PM.