View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 07:11 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvsnyc View Post
johnny, with all due respect, i think your estimates are rather high on that scrap lot. All very rare and pretty amazing, but i think your pricing is just too high, imo.

Regarding your comparison of "scrap" examples extant to wagners, planks, bl 460's, etc. Yes, they exist in very small quantities, but "supply & demand' is the name of the game. Your scraps are so thinly collected, there are way more collectors that want wagners, planks & bl 460's then there are that want scraps. Mind you, i realize that more & more collectors are getting interested in these errors/misprints/scraps as each year passes, but collectors such as wonka, chris, jamie, yourself and a few others are all battling each other and driving the prices very high. I'm not so sure too many other collectors out there can or want to battle you guys for them. So in actuality theres just a handful of you collecting these rare printing errors. For the money, they'd just rather have other cards, or not even try bidding knowing one of you will win the item(s).

Now, for the record, i myself actually love these errors, and as you know i used to have a very respectable scrap collection many years ago (i was the first one to convince sgc to slab errors & blank backs, and list missing ink or upside down back, blank back, etc on the flips- true story)...no offense to be taken here, you know i think you're a super guy and have one of the best scrap/error collections out there, but i just wanted to respond to your post above.

Best-
ms
big +1