View Single Post
Old 12-19-2023, 05:30 PM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
I'm afraid the Giants aren't ever going to find out if Tommy DeVito, Daniel Jones, or anybody else they may end up drafting, can be any good, until they actually can put together a serviceable offensive line.

They've taken a ridiculous 76 sacks this year, with 3 games left to play in the season.

To put that in perspective, David Carr was famously ruined by the Houston Texans his Rookie season, when he took 76 sacks for the full year, and it didn't get much better for him in the following years. That's the most sacks any QB has taken in a single season. Giants have just split it up between multiple QB's...and it's only taken 14 games.

It doesn't get much better in the running game either, despite having one of the best backs in the league. Barkley has to fight for literally every yard he gets on the field.
I agree, the Giants need to prioritize Offensive Line, and will not give DeVito, Barkley, Jones or any else a fair chance until they do. Unfortunately, they have been very poor at drafting/developing O-lineman. Since the 2014 draft, the Giants have drafted six offensive linemen within the first two rounds, most in the NFL during that span. They’ve also drafted three offensive linemen within the top 10 picks. No other team has taken more than one offensive lineman in the top 10 in that span. Andrew Thomas is good, but Evan Neal (7th pick), Ereck Flowers (9th pick), Will Hernandez (pick 34) and others are not. I wish they'd trade for good O-lineman rather than just gambling again in the draft.

Last edited by cgjackson222; 12-19-2023 at 05:32 PM.