View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 11:46 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

They've been around forever, and have a huge customer base. Actually, the ebay presence is fairly new and represents an increase in their reach vs. years past. Still could be lots better... the website is horrendous, and the pre-live bidding means very little. The best way to actually win something is to attend live, or request a phone line on auction day.

The photos are terrible too... not sharp and the zoom function stinks. Plus you get limited views of many items. Autographed Balls often have only 1 or two panels pictured. Not enough to place an educated bid, in many cases. Their competition is light years ahead, in terms of visual presentation.

That said, I used Invaluable to place my lone winning bid. It worked well, and you can follow each lot live, as they go off. Pretty cool process, and very entertaining. Here's my pickup... one of my favorite figural trophies in the auction, and an early one (celebrating Clemente's 1961 Batting Title). Was happy to get this for a reasonable price...

https://huntauctions.com/live/imagev...=568&lot_qual=